GLCC

GLCC

Postby qman15 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:50 am

Are any GB members familiar with the Great Lakes Cruising Club?

We have some old cruising information by the club and were thinking about joining it since they maintain a lot of cruising information on the Great Lakes that appears to be updated annually. It's not cheap to get the guide info though! Home site is http://www.glcclub.com/index.htm

I would also be interested in what other guides you've found to be most helpful in your Great Lakes (and tributaries) experiences. Are there any good guides you know about anchorages?

Thanks, Jim
Learning something new every day and enjoying every Sandwich ))
qman15
Supporting Member

GLCC Harbor Reports

Postby Cilibraise » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:37 pm

My wife and I have been members of the GLCC for several years. The Harbor Reports DVD is an outstanding reference for those cruising the Great Lakes and attached rivers. The DVD has a security system which allows operation on a single computer. The Harbor Reports do not replace charts or delete the need of other published guides. The magazine Great Lakes Boating publishes a series of guides (one for each lake) that provides additional commentary (and pictures) of several of the more popular destinations. The GLCC Harbor Reports is a must when cruising the North Channel and Georgian Bay.

Jerry Cilibraise
Cilibraise