Marinetek video sounder

A good place to post & find information on miscellaneous stuff

Marinetek video sounder

Postby romany275 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello all. I recently purchased a 1974 Classic 42 and it came with what appears to be an original Marinetek Maxim Video Depth Sounder. It seems to work fine and I see no reason to replace it just yet when there are other, more pressing cost priorities at the moment. The only problem is beyond basic viewing I have no idea of how the other features work. I was wondering if anyone else out in the Grand Banks world still has a copy of this unit's owner's manual and would they be willing to share a copy?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
romany275

Re: Marinetek video sounder

Postby taime1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 pm

I don't have one, nor am I familiar with the brand, but I did come across this on eBay, which may or may not be useful:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MARINETEK-MAXIM-LOCATOR-SOUNDER-FISH-FINDER-FISHING-ALARM-w-HOOD-/163008791000

You might be able to get the owner to scan/copy the manual...or make a low offer
taime1
Supporting Member

Postby romany275 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanks - I saw that listing too but never thought to reach out to the seller to scan a copy - good advice, I’ll give it a try.
romany275

Postby romany275 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Follow up - Actually purchased what appears to be a NOS unit in original box with all paperwork on EBAY. Seller didn't have power cords or transducer (which I don't need) so it was it offered for about $20.00. Now I have a back-up that works perfectly with an owner's manual. Sometime that place comes in handy.

Romany275
romany275