Toggle switches. What do they do?

Issues related to boat specifications or performance

Toggle switches. What do they do?

Postby UreyP3 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:11 pm

There is a two-toggle switch panel just forward of the vertical support post. The previous owner had no idea what they did - I have no idea what they do. Nothing seems to happen when they are flipped. I have added a photo...

Does anyone know what these switches do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UreyP3

Postby Tom Overs » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:41 pm

They look to be an owners addition.

The only way is to trace the wires to their source, you may find they are from old equipment that's been removed.

Best of luck.

Tom.
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member

Postby Alberto Verdu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:08 am

if you have a remote arch light, as I can see, normally they are controlled by several switches, to manage from flybridge or cabin.
Try and watch.
Alberto Verdu

Postby Alberto Verdu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:49 am

Just to clarify more, a single station has a switch for "ON" and a joystick. This should be as in the right side on your photo.
For the flybridge control, you need the same plas two switches, to bypass the joystick in the base station.
This is my installation on the fly,
On top of the radio is the main control, and to the left of the anchor controal are the two switches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alberto Verdu

Postby UreyP3 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 am

Alberto Verdu wrote:Just to clarify more, a single station has a switch for "ON" and a joystick. This should be as in the right side on your photo.
For the flybridge control, you need the same plas two switches, to bypass the joystick in the base station.
This is my installation on the fly,
On top of the radio is the main control, and to the left of the anchor controal are the two switches

Thank you - and yes, the single switch on the right operates the light. The dual toggles on the left are the mystery... they do not seem to operate anything. I will trace them out, but had hoped somebody might know their purpose if they are a GB feature.
UreyP3