GB 32 Flybridge Seats

Issues related to boat specifications or performance

GB 32 Flybridge Seats

Postby gb3294 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:41 am

Hi,

I understand from looking at various pictures of these lovely little ships, that the original 32's had "double seats" on the fly bridge, so back tio back ones, however Alicia Anne just has two single forward facing settees.
Would anyone have the drawings of the originals, so I can start making those and have more fixed seating room on the fly bridge?

Thanks and smooth sailing!

Philip
mv Alicia Anne
Seattle
gb3294

Postby pjwhite » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:34 am

My 1969 GB32 also has only the forward facing seats on the flybridge. Perhaps it was a factory option to have the double seats?
I'm happy enough with them as they are, though I've considered building a fold-down jump seat of some kind behind one of the seats.
pjwhite

Postby Keijo Isomaa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:38 am

Our Haven (a 1966 32') only has forward facing seats. We like this arrangement very much as it allows more room to configure as we see fit.
We stow our folding bikes up there and we use folding chairs for additional seating options. Underway guests use them facing forward. At anchor or dockside they can be turned to face any direction desired. They are easy to stow away. We have two more that accommodate more guests or act as terrific foot rests (when the guests tire of being foot rests!)
I also refinished Haven's flybridge a while back
Keijo and Susan
"Haven"
1966 Grand Banks 32 #17
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keijo Isomaa

Postby thugger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Our 1969 GB32 also has only forward facing seats. I've thought of putting a filler piece between the two seats...better for the pooch to sit there than on my lap is what I'm thinking. :shock:
Ted Hugger
Seguin, GB32-126
thugger
Supporting Member

Postby Rod Graff » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 am

We also have just the two forward seats. We are rebuilding the starboard seat now. I have seen the forward seats with and without smooth finished backs. Some have the framing exposed. Also the fly ridge sides vary between the boats with single and double seats, so it isn't just a matter of adding on to the existing seats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod Graff
Supporting Member

Re: GB 32 Flybridge Seats

Postby rgbrooks » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 am

I think the older woodies had the forward only seating. Mine is hull 15 and has the forward facing seats.
rgbrooks
Supporting Member

Re: GB 32 Flybridge Seats

Postby Tom Overs » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:29 am

Early ones had forward facing and the Flybridge sides were shorter.

We have diagrams (or we did have) of the GB 32 in the index section. They give all the dimentions if needed.
Tom.
GB32-390
"Little Ship"

Born to cruise...........once forced to work!
Tom Overs
Supporting Member