GB 36 Europa. Distance from bottom keel to top fly bridge.

Issues related to boat specifications or performance

GB 36 Europa. Distance from bottom keel to top fly bridge.

Postby T_BOAT » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

I am looking at trucking a 36' Europa from Seattle to St. Louis, Mo. Has
anyone measured from keel to bridge top with wind shield remove. I am trying to find a trucker and get cost estimate to see if worth bringing east. From St. Louis I would run down to Tampa. Thank You.
T_BOAT

Postby Bella Grand » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Should be pretty close to the Sedan 8)
I don't recall the exact dimensions, but when i had the boat on the trailer it was just around 13' to the top of the windscreen. I took the screen off and the driver wasn't too worried but we still had to have pace cars, and he took every exit just to avoid problems.

I should point out this was 13' to the ground, not the keel. It was also quite a few years ago and my memory .... well enough said there.

One word of caution -- i was just reading the Trawler Forum and someone trailered a boat which was bow down. The result was the water from the muffler back flowed into the cylinders thru the exhaust valves and caused some severe damage. Ouch
John Hammond
"Bella Grand"
'91 36-972 Sedan
Bella Grand
Supporting Member

Postby bill.read » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm

There are two exchanges in the Repair section of this forum discussing your question. Please see "Prep for Transport", Aug 7 and "Highway Bridge Clearance", Aug 12 of this year. There is more to consider than just the distance from keel to wind shield.
bill.read
Supporting Member

Trucking 36" across.

Postby T_BOAT » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

The final cost estimate to ship 36' GB Europa from Port Townsend, Wa. to upper Miss. River was about $ 12,000. Plus what ever I may have forgot. I will wait for something this side of the Miss. River.
T_BOAT

Postby Onesockbob » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am

There is one for sale in Cincinnati. PM me and i will send you the fellas number. I have no skin in this game, just know of a boat.
Bob
Onesockbob