Critiques on a Rewire

Post your photos of Repairs and/or Outfitting projects

Critiques on a Rewire

Postby westiculo » Mon May 08, 2017 9:49 pm

I've rewired the battery setup and am looking for harsh critiques.

The main thing is that I've added an inverter/charger. Aside from that, I've combined the two house batteries into a single bank attached to terminal 1 on the 1/2/both switch. On terminal 2 of the same switch I've attached the generator starter battery. The engines and generator starting circuits are then wired to the common on that same switch. The idea is that I can keep the switch on 1 for everything, but if I kill the house batteries for some reason, I can rotate over to the emergency/starter battery to start the engines. The house batteries are 8D lead acid and the starter is a 4D. See the diagram for the full details. This is on a 42 motoryacht.

Let me know what you think!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
westiculo

Postby westiculo » Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Sorry my handwriting sucks.
westiculo

Postby Orin Guidry » Tue May 09, 2017 3:03 pm

I cannot critique your rewiring but I also installed a switch to parallel the generator battery with the engine/house battery.

I also have two 8D engine/house batteries with the conventional Off, 1, 2, Both switch. The generator battery is a 4D

I installed a Blue Seas e-Series Single Circuit ON/OFF Battery Switch PN 9003e to parallel the Generator Battery to the Starboard Engine Battery.

This gives the flexibility to start the generator if its battery is weak or start an engine if its battery is weak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orin Guidry
Supporting Member

Re: Critiques on a Rewire

Postby westiculo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Well, after a little trial and error, this is how it ended up:
westiculo