little boat

Post your photos of Repairs and/or Outfitting projects

little boat

Postby grich737 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 pm

I just finished a boat project and thought I would share its not a GB as you can see but this is a boat forum :P . It was made from raw materials and its a lapstrake. Marine plywood hull Iroko frames and the deck is Alaska yellow cedar. As you can see the difference in deck color I used a wood dye rather than a stain as stain sometimes leaves blotches. Its powered by a 30hp Johnson that I went through, and should achieve 25 mph with 2-3 aboard. It makes a great day boat, fishing boat or weekend camping boat. The forward cabin has a lot of storage under the forward deck and two storage compartments in the aft. The helm seat holds the fuel tank and the forward seat hold a large cooler. I have to leave for Dallas this coming Sunday for 7 weeks so I will put her in the water when I return and do some performance figures before the new owner takes her off my hands. If anyone is going to the wooden boat festival in Port Townsend this weekend stop by and say hello. We will only be there Friday and Saturday.

Greg [attachment=0]Little boat 1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]little boat 2.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]little boat 3.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grich737
Supporting Member

Re: little boat

Postby FrugalWife » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:36 am

Nice job. I built a lapstrake outboard skiff last winter. A fun project. I'm now gathering materials to build a 16ft Gar Wood Speedster.
FrugalWife

Postby Charlie0 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:10 am

Very pretty. Nothing like a wooden boat.
Charlie O
Grand Banks 36
Hull 715
Charlie0

Postby grich737 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks guys it was a hit at the wooden boat show
grich737
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:15 am

Greg, How did we miss you?? We were up there Saturday and wandered around looking for you. Where were you?
Ken Bowles
NW Explorations
Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member