2007 Puget Sound Rendezvous

2007 Puget Sound Rendezvous

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:19 am

We held a fold, stuff and stamp party last night and the rendezvous registration form will be in the mail on Monday. You will be able to pull it off our web site later next week. www.psgbowners.org We're doing our planning for 130 boats so register early so you're not disappointed.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:03 pm

An update for those interested, there are 93 boats registered to date. Last year at this time there were 75 registered. People are either getting them in early or there's going to be a crowd, or both.
Dave

Postby JoMeKe » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 pm

Go Dave! Should be a lot of fun. We're looking forward to it. I understand you're guranteeing calm waters on the Straight of Juan de Fuca that Thursday! :lol: [/url]
Ken Bowles
NW Explorations
Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:52 pm

Calm waters and fair winds. We're headed through Deception Pass at the noon slack on Wed. Will catch a bouy at Spencer Spit or Blind Bay that evening and arrive Roche Thursday mid morning. So far all the program items are still a go. See you in May.
Dave

Postby Don Prior » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:26 pm

For those in Seattle that are not regulars in the "crossing the straits" raffle I suggest the following;

If the wind is above 15kts then go north on the east side of Whidbey Island and thorough Laconner to Anacortes. If the wind is from the north then go west in the Guemes Channel and through Thatcher Pass. If the wind is from the south go east and then north of Guemes Island, north of Cypress Island and then through Peavine or Obstruction Pass.

These routes reduce the exposure time to beam seas dramatically.

My admiral does not like to rock and roll so I have carefully planned these routes to reduce exposure.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Oak Harbor, Wa.
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby kdibnah » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:45 pm

Are you going to be there, Don, or will you be peeling leeches in New Guinea?
kdibnah
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:23 am

Ken

I will probably be checking on the leeches in Nigeria. I will be in Calgary next week making the preliminary arrangements.

If I am in the area near the end of May I will definitely go to the Rendezvous. I will not know for a few more weeks.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Oak Harbor, Wa. currently in Sidney, BC
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby JoMeKe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:37 am

Dave, are you sure you're not looking at last year's Ports and Passes? Mine for this year shows slack in Deception on the 16th at 9:30 and 4:19. Noon will put you at max flood of 7.3 knots! Slow going. Or maybe I'm missing something (like my glasses, perhaps?).

Don, If I go the inside and miss the 6 foot seas in the Straight, what will the kids do for fun? Their highlight is bouncing on the v-berth like it's a Disney e-ticket ride while I hang on to the helm for all it's worth. :shock: Someday they'll get it...maybe.

Here's hoping for calm seas in the Straight. Sure saves a lot of time!
Ken Bowles

NW Explorations

Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:49 am

You're times are correct. What I meant was that we leave Everett at noon to hit Deception at the afternoon slack. That is unless weather turns us up past LaConner. Either way we'll go half way Wed. and arrive Roche Thursday am.
Alison said we have 93 registrations as of last week and we always get a lot after the 10th of April. So far it looks like we're ready.
Dave

Postby JoMeKe » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Well, I know we're ready. Looking forward to it and have several items on board for the raffle. Sign up everyone!

Looks like we're going to try to get a few miles up the Sound Wed afternoon as well. Maybe that will give us a better shot at The Crossing.

Took an Easter trip over to Poulsbo this weekened for an early Spring shakedown cruise. Great little town and so close! But as we prepared to return yesterday morning, the weather gods (devils?) gave us a reminder of what the straight may be like. There were gale warnings and 4-6 foot seas in middle Puget Sound! That doesn't happen very often. So we hung out till late afternoon and had a relatively uneventful crossing. Opening Day in 3-1/2 weeks!
Ken Bowles

NW Explorations

Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby uwhuskies00 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 am

Ken we were at Winslow and ran into the same stuff coming back. Sure seems that the wind has been over the top this year. My wife and I were joking as we ran across on a beautiful Friday afternoon " I bet it is going to gale force winds with 4ft seas on Sunday!" Hopefully we will make it to the gather this year, we have alot on our plate. I sure hope the crossing is better than last year, that was one for the books.
Shane and Wendy
"Cantamar"
Alaskan 53-6
uwhuskies00
Supporting Member

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am

We took a pre Easter, Mon, Tue and Wed, shake down cruise south to Bainbridge Is., Blake Is, and Seattle. We were the only boat at the Blake marina. Mostly sun and flat water. Most importantly everything worked. It's been a weird winter for boating but spring is here. Ken, forgot to tell you, you're in charge of the rendezvous weather. I love delegating!!
Dave

Postby JoMeKe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Oh, perfect! Well at least I have an out. If it turns lumpy, you'll know my kids took over, as they love the ride. If not, I retained control (yeah, right! :? ). So, I've got it covered either way.
Ken Bowles

NW Explorations

Bellingham/Seattle, WA
JoMeKe
Supporting Member

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 pm

I received word from the folks that have been signing up sponsors and the BIG raffle of last year looks to be BIGGER this year. They've done a great job. Fifteen sponsors will have product booths by the main tent.
Dave