JJ Jones are you there?

JJ Jones are you there?

Postby Don Prior » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:14 am

JJ. are you going to set up the mini rendezvous in Oak Harbor on 14th May for those on the way to Roche Harbor?

I am willing to co-host but I can not promise when or even if I will arrive.

Fair winds.

Don
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby J.J.Jones » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:31 am

Don,
I am scheduled to return from Miami on Wednesday the 14th, I should be back on the island NLT 2pm. Kathy and I and our guests are making slack water at deception pass early Thursday so we are spending the night on the boat Wednesday. Doug and Marjie Wadden on Bowhaus are arriving about 4pm, and I think we are just heading to the club for dinner.

I would be happy to host anyone from the GB community at the club on Wednesday, and I can arrange moorage before I depart but I do not want to disappoint anyone if I get delayed on my return.

When do you return? Each year we seem to have 10-12 boats that stop in OH on the way to Roche and it would be great fun to have them at the club on Wednesday for Steak and chicken.

Moorage is going to be tight in OH this year with the new winter and conditional rules so anyone from the community should let me know asap if they need moorage and I can get them a reservation.
J.J.J.
J.J.Jones
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:33 pm

JJ

If I make it at all I will be in Oak Harbor by the 12th which means I can meet anyone from down south on arrival on Wednesday late afternoon.

I will be able to host at the Yacht Club if you are late. No Problem. I will let you make the slip arrangements with Mack.

I hope I make it as it was great fun last year. I do not know if I will sleep onboard Wednesday night but I will try to move out to F dock so save a slip for me. I can practise going into the slip stern first.

If we are short I can always move back to my slip on C Dock.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Oak Harbor, Wa currently in Lagos
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby Don Prior » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:41 am

JJ

It looks like I will be arriving back in Oak Harbor on the 11-12 May from Calgary so I will be on the docks on the 14th to see if anyone arrives from the south.

Has anyone requested a slip or indicated they would overnight in Oak Harbor before heading to Roche Harbor? Is there a dinner at the yacht club that Wednesday?

I have not been able to check the tides but I believe the current is not favourable in Deception Pass on Thursday morning. That will mean I will probably do the Laconer, Anacortes route which adds some time but not too much. It is still an easy day trip although I may have to stop to de-water the dog.

Do you have a long term weather forecast? A sore toe or a farmer's almanac? A prediction with some sort of merit other than just wishing?

Hope all is well with you and Kathy and Intruder is in good condition. I promise not to park next to you and embarrass you. I won't let on that I know you.

Fair winds.

Don
Brassbounder
GB 42-139
Oak Harbor, Wa currently in London
Don Prior
Supporting Member

Postby J.J.Jones » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 am

Don,
Great news, it will be a treat to transit into the islands with you again, the slack water at the pass is early on Thursday so we are planning an early departure from OH, 0615 or as close to that as possible. I did post that I would be happy to ensure slips for anyone planning on spending Wednesday in OH but so fan I have not had any takers. Yesterday there were 2 available slips on F dock, more conditional people and and some additional people commissioning their boats, so space will be at a premium.
Wednesday evening at the club will be the weekly steak and chicken dinner, very good choice for people spending the night.

All is well here, Brassbounder looks great in her slip, I am heading to laConner this afternoon for the yacht club shakedown cruise, looks like 15 boats!
See you soon and I will consult a psychic to look for a forecast for the week of the rendezvous.
J.J.J.
J.J.Jones
Supporting Member