Ganges Government Dock

Ganges Government Dock

Postby K Dowling » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 am

Have the finger piers been permanently removed from the government dock? This is one of our favorites. I was looking it up on Google Earth and only the spine remains.

cheers,
Kevin Dowling
Atlanta GA
K Dowling
Supporting Member

Postby 2Bucks » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 am

I don't know about this year. We decided to bypass Ganges altogether do to the indifferent attitude from the Wharfinger/assistants we've seen in the past. I wouldn't think they'd take out the just refurbished docks (3 years old?) But then I wouldn't think they'd rebuild them and put 20 amp electric sockets in and lock them up so you couldn't reset the breaker after 5pm. Especially when they can't be bothered to even come down and put the pigtail out until 4:45.

Ken
2Bucks
Supporting Member

Re: Ganges Government Dock

Postby Marin Faure » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 pm

K Dowling wrote:Have the finger piers been permanently removed from the government dock?,

What you see on Google Earth today is not the way it was last September when we were there. We were there at the time of the annual workboat "show" and the fingers, or at least some of them, were still in place because I remember walking out between the various rows of boats and taking photos. The first photo of the Boeing (of Canada) built boat was taken from the shore looking out over the workboat gathering.

We usually stop at Ganges when entering BC to do our food shopping for the first part of the trip but we have always stayed at the private marina next door.
Marin
Attachments
Ganges 2.jpg
Ganges 1.jpg
Marin Faure
Supporting Member