Desolation Sound Charters

Desolation Sound Charters

Postby Barry L » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Did I once see a GB 42 for charter on Powell River or was it a brain fart?
Barry and Debbie
1970 Grand Banks 36' Classic #198
"Grand Travail"
Barry L
Supporting Member

Postby kdibnah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Barry you need your eyes checked if you mistook a 42 for a brain fart...
kdibnah
Supporting Member

Postby Marin Faure » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 pm

There are charter companies in Powell River and Campbell River. Whether any of them have a GB in their fleet I don't know. The people I am familiar with who have chartered boats from these two locations did not get GBs.

If one is interested in specifically chartering a GB for a cruise to Desolation Sound or anywhere else between here and there they cannot do better in terms of the boat than Northwest Explorations http://www.nwexplorations.com. While getting to Desolation Sound from Bellingham takes a few days longer than getting there from Powell or Campbell River, the journey is well worth making in my mind. Lots of interesting places to visit along the way or you can simply "blast" straight on up there.

My only connection with that company is that we bought our old GB with the assistance of the fellow who is today their lead broker but in 1998 was working for the predecessor of the company, Grand Yachts Northwest. And we walk by their fleet every time we go to or come from our own boat. It is about as good a selection of GBs that are maintained in outstanding condition that you'll find anywhere.
Marin
Marin Faure
Supporting Member

Postby Bruce Marino » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:11 pm

I have to agree with Marin about Northwest Explorations out of Bellingham. We chartered with them this summer for 10 days - They have an outstanding helpful staff. The vessel we had ( Sea Fox - a 36 GB ) was very well equipped and maintained in excellent condition - there were no issues at all. I've chartered with 10 or more companies world wide over the past 30 years, both power & sail. First class operation - no question about it.
Bruce Marino
Supporting Member

Postby Barry L » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:17 am

Ok, thanks guys. While my eyes are not as good as they once were I still remember some charter company having a 42' closer to desolation sound.
Another unsolved mystery.
Barry and Debbie

"Grand Travail"
Barry L
Supporting Member

Postby Barry L » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am

OK, I found it! Cooper Boating has a GB 42 there and it has our name it for next September.
Barry and Debbie

"Grand Travail"
Barry L
Supporting Member